Increase the life of carpets
We always like the carpet we buy for the mosque or home, does not lose its original quality over the years and does not need to be replaced.
To increase the life of the carpet, you should first try to choose a machine woven carpet with a good yarn material; In general, we must say that among the yarns used in the weaving of mosque carpets or home carpets, acrylic yarn has the best quality and also the highest price of carpets.
After buying a carpet, you need to know how to maintain it to help extend its life. In this article, we will explain the correct ways to maintenance of carpet. (To get acquainted with different types of carpet yarns, click on the button below to get complete information.)
Tips for carpet maintenance
When buying a carpet from a reputable company with a standard, there is a label on the back of the machine-woven carpet that says a few brief tips about caring for the rug, but here we explain in detail the methods of maintaining the mosque carpet and home rug:
1. Avoid direct sunlight on the mosque carpet or home carpet; Because direct and intense sunlight over time will cause your carpet to fade. To do this, you can use a blind or a thick curtain in front of the window of mosque or house.
2. Try to expose the back of the prayer carpet roll or home rug to the sun from time to time; The reason for this is that the back of the carpet is a very good place for all kinds of small insects and also the dark environment behind the carpet is a good place for mold to grow. Sunlight eliminates all these harmful factors that contribute to the health and longevity of the carpet.
3. As much as possible, avoid placing all kinds of pots on or next to the carpet; This is because most carpet decay is due to the water in the pots.
4. To keep the carpet in storage, be sure to roll it up and put naphthalene in it, and then wrap it in a cotton or linen cloth if possible.
5. The ground on which the rug is to be spread should not be soil, and the carpets should be spread on a flat and uniform surface.
6. If you intend to clean or dust the mosque or prayer hall, be sure to leave the doors and windows open so that the dust from cleaning does not settle on the carpets.
7. It is recommended to open the doors and windows once a week to keep the carpet away from moisture if the carpet is in a completely closed space.
8. As soon as the carpet is damaged, for example, part of it is stained, be sure to repair it by a carpet weaver so that the damaged area does not become more over time.
9. If food or drinks (such as soft drinks) spill on the carpet, wash and dry the area immediately.
The correct way to washing carpet
If you plan to wash the carpet, give it to reputable carpet cleaning companies if possible; This is because carpet washing companies use special machines to wash and dry carpets. But if you want to wash the rugs yourself, be sure to observe the following points:
– When you want to collect the carpets for washing (whether it is the masjid carpet roll or home carpet), do not fold them and be sure to roll them up and then move them. Folding the carpet may cause it to crack or break.
– First remove the carpet dust and then wash it. You can hit the carpet by shaking the carpet or with a strong stick to remove dust.
– Washing mosque carpet with detergents that have acidic properties causes the carpet to be less durable and damaged. Use low-acid soaps or carpet shampoos as detergents.
– It is better to place the washed carpet on a slope where the water is completely gone, and for a short time, expose the carpet to sunlight to dry completely. Make sure that the carpet is completely dry and then collect it, because if some water remains in the carpet, it will change the color and damage the carpet. (Note: Using direct heat such as heaters, fireplaces, radiators, etc. to dry carpets can be harmful.)
?How to remove carpet lint
You can use the following methods to remove the lint of the carpet that you have just bought:
– Use a high-suction vacuum cleaner
– Wet a special brush or rough cloth and rub it on the carpet.
For more information about carpet lint, click the button below: